Well…I took the Honors Job…but I think the Copyeditor/Copywriter interview went quite well. It’s just that there’s only one writer’s position open so I don’t want to have had the possibility of having a job and then end up with none.
So if I do get the copywriter job…college should begin to get very interesting: two jobs, five classes (3 film, 1 math, 1 honors), and only 24 hours in a day.
Soooo, I got a call from the Honors House job lady yesterday. Actually, she called like four times, but I was in class. So I called her back.
She offered me the job.
Which is exciting…in the way that I feel like I’m good enough for somebody way…in the way that I have potential to be somewhat social way…
but I REALLY want the Copywriter job, and my interview for that job is today.
So I asked the Honors House lady if I could have maybe a week to get back to her.
She said she’d contact the supervisor and call me back.
Over 30 minutes later—30 minutes of praying and sweating and shaking—she calls back and explains how the supervisor didn’t want to make the other top candidates wait around because they’ve already been waiting so long to hear the results…so she said I have until after my other interview today to accept or decline the job with the Honors House depending on how I feel I did at the copywriter interview.
"But we really hope you’ll work with us."
(She seriously sounded torn up over the fact I didn’t immediately say yes.)
Soooo, I’ll probably take the Honors Job, and if I do get offered the other job…quit at the Honors House? Maybe? But I’ll feel so bad for, like, deceiving them…for saying yes with a barely visible footnote of only until I find something better.
But I guess that’s how everybody lives…